The Partnership has c 1000 acres of commercial woodlands which range from broadleaf and mixed plantations along the valley bottom up to conifer plantations and shelter belts on the edge of the fell.
All timber is harvested responsibly and sustainably.
Woods are restocked via natural regeneration or planting where necessary and landscape and amenity are taken into consideration as well as sporting and commercial forestry interest.
Some timber is also retained for use in the Partnership’s two biomass district heating schemes.
Whilst the Estate sawmill is no longer in operation, firewood can be purchased via the Estate Office (details on the Contact page).